Wednesday, June 18, 2008

HIbernation and Inflation

After 3 months of "hibernation", finally, I am back! Hope the procrastination and laziness in me will not push me back into taking another longer vacation. With a new laptop, and reliable broadband connection, there should not be any excuse for me not to update my blog eh?

Life has been fairly good here in this Moss town. Job has been interesting, albeit a bit slow this few days as the project is about to complete. Planning, scheduling and project controlling work are definitely the right choice to me. So much things to learn, and you are exposed to the in and out of the project environment. There was never a dull moment. Not dull at all, especially looking at the bright prospect this job can give. This job will end soon, and I don't know if the company will put me into the same position in the next upcoming project. Hope that the company managed to secure some big project soon. I am particularly interested in the proposed joint venture with another main contractor to bid for a similar job as current one. And I am also hoping that the discussion with a Middle East company on the brownfield job will come true. If it do, then perhaps I would have my very first chance of assigning for oversea job? That will be cool!

Until then, I would give myself 6 months to learn all about the P3 and Microsoft Project software. If the bids did not materialise by then, off I go to some other country. Contemplating of joining some Singaporean company just to gain the experience as a planner/scheduler. That would be a very good chance to gear myself to move on to bigger role. And of course, to aim for the big MULLAH~~~

Speaking of mullah, I just wondering how can one in the lower income group survive in the current economy environment. Inflation is skyrocketing, and our gov is still in denial while painting a bright picture and trying to brainwash us into saying that things are ok. Price wont increase much, blah blah blah..

Removal of ceiling price of cement.
Same goes for steel price.
Removal of real property tax gain.
These 3 will push up property prices. One could end up sleeping in the street.

Increase of rice price.
Chicken and pork price also goes up.
Doesn't need rocket science to tell you that food price will eventually increase, do you?

And lastly, mother of all price increase - hefty 40% of petrol/diesel price increment!
The massive increase will trigger price increase in almost anything. Electricity, transportation, food, products, etc.

And they dare to say that inflation is under control. NIAMAH!!
I am not against removing the subsidy, but they've gotta do it gradually, and not drastically at one shot! Remember, the salary increment has not increase in tandem with the inflation.
Don't let those in the lower income group suffer as they are the one who are badly hit during times like this.

And with the hot stuff brewing in the background, the share market has been dropping like shit. Hmm. Gotta start saving mullah as recession is inevitable. Let's pray hard that we will brave through the storm safely.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so grey my man....inflation will not be forever.Cash is King ! Save all your bullet for opportunities after the CRISIS!

Big Bad Wolf said...

Yup.. Save lots and lots of money!!! Lots of bargain later, I am sure!