Wednesday, February 25, 2009

And Now, I Am Flying.....


I have always been an ardent fan of Air Asia. I simply love their business model; no-frills air flight, skimpy stewardess uniform, affordable air fare, sexy air stewardess, aggressive expansion, curvaceous body of air stewardess, catchy promotion, beautiful air stewardess uniform, creative idea, etc; and I especially adore their catchy slogan “Now everyone can fly”. I certainly took my first maiden flight with Air Asia, courtesy of Mr Tony Fernandez and his brilliant idea – Zero Fare Campaign. That was 2 and half years ago, with Keane and Yaw Choy to Bang-cock and Chiang Mai (read here)

Fast forward to year 2009, and here I am, back afresh from a 10 days trip. This time, thanks again to the all-time-favourite-campaign, I managed to grab myself a tix. My destination this time was to fly from KL to Guangzhou, then move on to Shenzhen, Hong Kong and finally Macau, before heading back to KL. Total air fare is RM338.70 (RM154.50 for KL-Guangzhou; RM 184.20 for Macau-KL). The promotion was held in May 2008, where the oil price is nearing the peak. Hence, fuel surcharge was imposed at that time. Otherwise, the air fare could have been cheaper. Oh well, it was still a bargain. Where can one find such low fare ticket on this world?

Keane was supposed to join in for the trip. But alas, due to some personal commitment, he had no choice but to pull out last minute. Darn! That would mean I would be back-packing, alone.

But that was not meant to be. Perhaps Keane’s pulling out was a blessing in disguise. I found another companion for the trip. That person proved to be a fun and valuable companion in the upcoming trip. You will understand why once I blogged more on my trip later. In the meantime, I can't blog much on my trip as I am waiting for my worthy companion to deliver the digital photos to me. Updates on trip shall be posted once I got my hands on those photos.

Oh well, time to watch "Man of Honour", one of my favourite movie of all time. Blog later..

To be continued......

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you have finally lost your blog virginty for 2009...your maiden post for dua kosong kosong anjing without some pics from yout trip as sneak preview? So did you find any of your hotel room in China without bed byt with dining table?

Anonymous said...

Hi Ec,

I will post more on my trip soon. Gotta find inspiration to blog about the trip while my memory is stil fresh!
So, did your housemate shares the souvenir with you? :p

Anonymous said...

Haha....how "thoughtful" of you to poison my lungs but prefer you to poison my liver instead. Thank you.

小蚊子 said...

yeah yeah, waiting your post oh...